Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Maybe Montezuma is a Jew?

The good thing about being an over-achiever is that I have the propensity to do things well.  This includes being sick.  If I'm going to get sick, I'm going to make sure that I get sick on the day that I have to move to Jerusalem.  This is because I'm all about doing things right.  When I get sick, I have to do it like it's my full-time job.  It just so happens that I couldn't have picked a better place to make frequent runs to the bathroom to throw up everything remotely liquid in my bloodstream. 

I am sitting in a room with a cornucopia of jetlagged American Jews who are impatiently fighting the several-hour registration process for summer classes at Hebrew University.  As I wait for my name to be called so that I can move to the next room and write my name blood as a promise to circumcise all of my sons, if not name the first one Morty, I am more tempted believe that the name "Montezuma" might be possibly be more appropos.

I am sitting in air-conditioning for the first time in two months.  A bad movie is playing for all of us in the room.  It happens to be in Hebrew.  Go figure.

I took some Pepto Bismal tablets.  I think it's time for me to throw up again.

Just like my over-achieving, my incredible sense of irony never fails to amaze me.

It's going to be a long time until I eat falafel for breakfast again.

Ooof.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're doing a bit better today N. I've found that folks normally get out of your way right smartly when you're hurling. So it may have provided you with a small advantage in line. Cheers & Keep well, 'VJ'

AS said...

Oh, so, so sorry.